Restoration Services - Niles, Ohio
The SERVPRO team has experience with several commercial services and are prepared to help restore your business back to, “Like it never even happened.” SERVPRO services are listed below:
Commercial Water Damage Restoration
Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
Commercial Mold Remediation
Commercial Cleaning Services
Commercial Storm and Major Events
They have the capability to minimize the inconvenience that has occurred to your business and restore your establishment back to normal. SERVPRO is a 24 hour service, so we are able to assist in your dilemma immediately. Our highly qualified team is certified and use high quality equipment to restore damages that may seem difficult to repair. We concentrate on repairing instead of replacing to make it a more affordable service to potential customers.
Have Storm or Flood Damage?
Call Us Today (330) 392-6355
Does your Trumbull County Home Have a Mold Problem?
In Niles, Ohio, mold can spread through a home in as little as 48 hours.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your Niles, Ohio home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 330-392-3655
DIY Mold Remover - Howland Ohio
It is hard to maintain a clean bathroom but there are multiple ways to keep your bathroom clean.
For Shower grout
Mix baking soda with bleach to potentially bring your shower back to normal.
- If you do not like using harsh chemicals like bleach you could consider replacing it with lemons.
- Another way to remove mold is by combining baking soda with liquid soap and essential oils.
For Hard water Build up
Mix lemon juice, vinegar, and dish soap to remove the grime in unwanted areas.
Mix the products and scrub the grout with a tooth brush. Sometimes mold inconveniently occurs and surrounds your bathtub. Soaking cotton balls with bleach and placing it along the stained/moldy area caulking overnight will remove the mold.
What to Expect from a Chimney Fire - Howland, Ohio
Chimney Fire Prevention
- Keep a clean chimney – A dirty chimney can cause a fire
- Watch out for creosote – It is a black or brown residue that can cause a chimney fire after extreme build up
- Beware for a damaged TV antenna attached to the chimney
What to Expect from a Chimney Fire
- Chimney Fires can be explosive – This will cause major damage to your home
- The loud noise sounds like a pop
We specialize in fire damage restoration and offer full services to simplify the process. We handle both the initial damage mitigation and rebuilding the affected areas.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Process Includes:
- Inspection and Fire Damage Assessment
- Immediate Board-Up and Roof Tarp Service (if needed)
- Water Removal and Drying (if water damage is present)
- Removal of Smoke and Soot from All Surfaces
- Cleaning and Repair
Pipe Burst in Columbiana Apartments
Pipe Break Cause & Damages
Pipe breaks are most common during the winter season. Pipes usually burst due to extreme cold temperatures. Other reasons pipes may burst are due to age, misuse, or damage. When pipes burst they cause damage to property, homes, and sometimes entire areas of a town and roads for days.
If you have a pipe burst -
- Close the stopcok fully
- Open the taps in the home to remove water from the system
- Stay away from all electrical devices, move any furniture away as soon as possible
- Call your emergency plumber
- Call SERVPRO to take care of your water damages.
Stay connected with us on Facebook or call us at (330) 392-6355 so we can help in the event of disaster.
Ice Dams in Austintown, Ohio
How Do Ice Dams Form?
Usually after a snow storm there is a pile of snow sitting on the roof above your attic. After the weather warms above 32 degrees Fahrenheit to melt the under layer of the snow it causes the top layer to form into a mound of ice.
Damages They Cause:
After the ice dam reaches its full capacity, the melted water begins to seep underneath the shingles along with dripping into the insulation and down to the ceilings.
How to Remove the Ice Dams?
Removing ice dams can easily lead to damages even if extremely careful. To efficiently remove the ice dams call a professional to prevent damages to your shingles.
To keep your home safe try one of these tips-
A simple prevention method is simply scraping the snow off of the roof the day it falls.
Another way to prevent ice dams is by installing heated cables before the winter begins.
Soot Tags after Fires in Nies, Ohio
Soot Tags Formation
Soot tags occur from a synthetic/petroleum based source burn. During a fire smoke and soot circulate throughout the house and the heat moves toward cool air when trying to equalize the temperature. In the areas with less circulation the soot tags will begin to form and can look like soot on spider webs.
However, soot tags are just chains of soot that gather in the areas with low circulation that look like webs. These can occur immediately or over time and reoccur even after dusting them off.
Prevent Soot Tags
Stay away from spraying water on the area to clean it because it will smear and stain. To help prevent this from happening, service your furnace annually to ensure it is working properly to help deal with soot. The best way to remove these soot tags are to contact your local SERVPRO in your Trumbull County area.
Contact us if you are dealing with soot at (330)392-6355 and follow us on Facebook to stay in touch.
Heading BACK to Houston
2 members of our storm headed down to Houston for a second time to continue to assist the victims of Hurricane Harvey.
Although our storm team already packed their bags and headed to Houston in our SERVPRO fleet once before, they decided to head BACK down to Houston and continue to assist the victims of Hurricane Harvey.
2 weeks after our team came back, we received a call from a customer who needed our assistance as soon as possible. When we got the call, two members of our storm team decided to assist this victim in need. Once arrived, they were faced with massive water damage and performed mitigation to a commercial business in need. Although the property damage was devastating, our team finished the job quickly and made the owners feel like their damage never even happened.
Upon their return, Trumbull County and the surrounding area was hit by massive winds and rains causing great damage to the area. Our storm team heard the call once again and, this time, helped our hometown victims in need.
If your home is ever affected by any storm, give us a call or request help online. We assist our customers 24/7 and are quick to respond to any job!
Preventing Thanksgiving Fires in Warren, OH
Keep your home safe this Thanksgiving with some useful safety tips!
Is it your first time hosting Thanksgiving this year or are you still new to cooking Thanksgiving Dinner?
Before you start to brine your turkey and prepare for your meal, it is important to educate yourself on the dangers of home fires of Thanksgiving.
According to the National Fire Protection Association Fire Analysis & Research Division, Thanksgiving is the peak day for home cooking fires, followed by Christmas Day and Christmas Eve. Unattended cooking is also the biggest factor in these fires. Follow the following safety tips to make sure your Thanksgiving is disaster free!
Cooking Safety Tips
- Stay in the kitchen when you are cooking on the stove top. Unattended cooking is the number one cause of home fires.
- Check on your turkey frequently. Turkeys can burn easily.
- Be sure electric cords from an electric knife, coffee maker, plate warmer, or mixer do not come in contact with any water OR especially children.
Turkey Frying Safety Tips
If you opt out of cooking your cooking in the oven traditionally and decide to fry it, follow these safety tips.
- Stay away from the house. Set up your turkey fire more than 10 feet away from your home and keep children and pets away to prevent this from happening
- Find flat ground. The oil must be steady and even to ensure safety.
- Use a thawed and dry turkey. Extra water from a frozen turkey will cause your oil to spill over and if it spills onto a burner, a fire will immediately start.
- Monitor the oil temperature. Fire do not have their own thermometers so keep one on you at all times!
- HAVE A FIRE EXTINGUISHER READY AT ALL TIMES!
High Winds and Rain Cause Damage in Trumbull County
SERVPRO assisted with the storm clean-up for various businesses and home owners.
On the night of November 5th, strong winds, hail, and rainfall caused massive damage throughout Trumbull County. The storm left behind trees down, collapsed roofs, inches of water in basements, and various other damages throughout the area.
SERVPRO of Southern Trumbull County assisted dozens of businesses and home owners with the clean-up of the aftermath. Since we take your calls 24/7, we made sure to be available to any person who needed assistance as soon as possible. Big or small, our storm team was ready for the challenge and are still in the process of helping home and business owners feel like their damage never even happened.
If your home or business was damaged, we are still taking your calls and receiving notifications when you request help through our website. No matter what time, damage, or location, we are here to answer your call and be a storm hero!