Conserving Water in Southern Trumbull County
With Earth Day approaching on April 22nd, you can contribute to the cause by being mindful of water usage during your time inside. Here are some ways to save water while your stay-at-home order in Southern Trumbull County is still in place.
- Always turn off the tap when you’re not using it and turn it off tightly so no other water leaks through. When brushing your teeth, do not leave the water running. Only use the water to wet your toothbrush and rinse.
- You can put a bucket outside of your home to collect rain water to use on your indoor plants.
- If you are washing dishes by hand, don’t let the water run continuously until you rinse your dishes. You can also wash your fruits and vegetables in a bowl or pan instead of running water.
- When washing your clothes, make sure you wash a full load of laundry and don’t waste water doing multiple half-full loads.
- If you have a small lawn, consider limiting how long you let your sprinkler run to water the front lawn.
- If you are using a water purifier, utilize the waste water coming from the water purifier for different cleaning purposes like mopping, car washing, or watering plants.
- Be sure to inform your child of these practices. Teach them ways to save water and do our part to preserve our planet.
If you have any questions about water conservation, feel free to reach out to us at SERVPRO of Southern Trumbull County at (330) 392-6355. Taking these steps to save water could also prevent accidents, flooding and water damage in your home.