What Not to Do After a Fire in Lordstown
Have you just experienced a fire at your home or business in Lordstown? Are you unsure of what to do after you called 911? There are a few things you can do on your own before you call a Fire and Water Restoration Specialist. Very often, it is not discussed what you should not do, so you don’t cause further damage than there already is. Follow our tips below to prevent further damage to your home or business.
What Not to Do Tips
Often when a fire occurs, especially at a business, you won’t only have fire damage, but water damage as well. Due to sprinklers and fire hoses, water also plays a part in this disaster. Consider this when reading the tips below from our Website:
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting us.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat, or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
SERVPRO of Southern Trumbull County are fire and water damage restoration specialists with specific training and expertise to safely restore your home or business. We are always Here to Help, 24/7. Give us a call at (330) 393-9999 for immediate assistance or visit our Website!