If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (330) 392-6355

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Toxic vs Non-Toxic Mold in McDonald, OH

9/25/2017 (Permalink)

Having mold in your home isn't very glamorous. However, did you know that mold can be both toxic and non-toxic? Luckily for us, toxic mold is very uncommon but non-toxic mold is the most common and actually comes with health risks as well.

Toxic Mold

As mentioned previously, finding toxic mold in your home is very uncommon. However, some molds produce mycotoxins that have toxic effects. Mycotoxins do not harm adults but are toxic to the elderly and infants. There is truly no way to find out if your mold contains mycotoxins unless you get your mold tested. Mold can also be "toxic" if you have extreme allergy problems or severe forms of asthma.

Non-Toxic Mold

Non-toxic mold is the most common type of mold. It is not only an annoyance in your home but can also effect your health. If you have allergy like symptoms, with no allergy history, you should get your home tested for mold. Cladosporium is found in non-toxic mold and it typically a black or "pepper-like" substance. This usually grows on the back of toliets, showers, painted surfaces or air ducts. 

If your home experiences any type of mold, we remove it and restore the area the mold infested! Give us a call today to set-up a visit!

Other News

View Recent Posts