Steps After the Storm Passes in Trumbull County
When you are affected by any type of minor or severe storm damage, it is pivotal to remember these few things to be cost efficient and more importantly, safe.
- Be glad that you are unharmed and remember that you are not alone. So many others go through similar situations and have had their lives and their homes drastically impacted by storm damage.
- Be ready to inspect your home but be safe about it. You can call us at SERVPRO® of Southern Trumbull County at (330) 392-6355 anytime to schedule an inspection of the home so that you don’t have to do as much. Oftentimes, injury comes well after the storm has passed. This can look like stepping on broken glass or nails or being too close to downed power lines. These situations can be hazardous and very dangerous.
- DIY is not the safest option here. Don’t try to do everything yourself. Call the electric company, gas company, the police and the restoration company, like SERVPRO® to assess the damage and avoid injury.
- Be mindful about your insurance policies. Ask yourself and research these few important questions:
- Is your vehicle covered for storm-related damage? You will likely have to pay a deductible but if you purchased comprehensive coverage prior to the storm, you should likely be covered.
- Will my insurance rates go up due to this damage? Usually no, unless the area you live in has a high volume of similar claims or if the area is disaster-prone.
If you have any questions about the tips listed above, do not hesitate to give us a call or message us anytime on our Facebook page!