How to Clean Up After a House Fire in Conneaut
There are many steps to go through before reaching recovery. These steps include everything all the way from cleanup to re-build.
Recovering after a house fire in Masury, Vienna, McDonald, and their surrounding areas is not always a quick process. There are many steps to go through before reaching recovery. These steps include everything all the way from cleanup to re-build.
Tips for Recovering from Fire
The Red Cross suggests these tips below:
- Consult a professional about replacing drywall and insulation that has been soaked by water from fire hoses. It cannot be dried out and maintain structural integrity or resistance to mold and mildew.
- Pots, pans, flatware, etc., should be washed with soapy water, rinsed, and then polished.
- Stuff purses and shoes with newspapers to retain shape. Leave suitcases open.
- Wear protective clothing, including work gloves and heavy soled shoes.
- Learn more about how to clean up after a home fire, including the supplies you’ll need, how to deal with contaminated food and water, and how to repair smoke and water damage.
- Follow public health guidance on safe cleanup of fire ash and safe use of masks.
- Wet debris down to minimize breathing dust particles.
SERVPRO of Trumbull and Ashtabula Counties are fire and water damage restoration specialists. We are always Here to Help, 24/7. If a fire does occur in your home, give us a call at (330) 392-6355 for immediate assistance, or visit our Website!