What You Should Do When Your Warren Home is Struck by Lightning
So, your Champion home got struck by lightning…now what? Right about now, you should be calling SERVPRO of Trumbull and Ashtabula Counties. We offer services to estimate your damage, assess what needs to be done, and execute it! No one should have to struggle with the aftermath of a lightning strike alone. Here is a little more information regarding lightning strikes to your Warren home:
- The chances of your home getting struck by lightning is 1 in 200!
- Lightning strikes are caused by negative protons inside of clouds being attracted to positive protons in the ground.
- Lightning striking your home can be caused by any conductor of electricity within your Masury home including, but not limited to wires, pipes, metal conduits.
- Precautions you should take include:
- Keeping all windows and doors shut
- Unplugging appliances
- Keeping distance from appliances that can’t be unplugged.
- Avoid touching plumbing/water fixtures…do not shower during a lightning storm!
- Installing a Lightning Rod: a device designed to create a safe path for lightning to travel incase lightning strikes your Niles home.
- Installing a Surge Protector: a power strip to protect expensive appliances from a lightning surge.
- Installing a Grounding System: designed to direct a lightning surge directly into the ground away from the home.
- Avoid landlines (electric conductors), concrete (metal mesh = electric conductor), and tall fixtures like trees, telephone poles, etc.
Lightning strikes can be a major fire hazard because lightning can be heated up to 50,000 degrees Fahrenheit and in turn, start a fire in your Newton Falls home very easily. If you or someone you know experience a home fire due to a lightning strike, call SERVPRO of Trumbull and Ashtabula Counties today at (330) 392-6355 or visit our Website!