Steps to Recover From Howland Home Fire
A fire in your Howland home can be damaging both physically and emotionally. SERVPRO Trumbull and Ashtabula Counties knows this, and it is why we are always Here to Help members of our community.
Before you do anything, you should call SERVPRO immediately. We have a 24 hour response, we can help you and your family whenever you need. This can be with tarp up/board up services and more. We also have the capacity to handle any amount of damage, making us the industry leader in fire damage restoration.
After you call SERVPRO, you can take action. However, after any fire damage situation, your primary focus should be safety first:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Wet materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful!
Here are some more tips and some things you can do before help arrives:
What To Do After a Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
What NOT To Do After a Fire
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting us.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
If you experience a fire in your Howland, Edgewood, Conneaut, or surrounding areas home, call us today! You can reach SERVPRO of Trumbull and Ashtabula Counties at (330) 392-6355 or visit our Website to get your home to pre-fire condition fast.